These days, anyone can easily start a blog. Flipside? A WWW-wide sea of cut-and-paste copycats and mediocrity. What makes your blog worth reading?
Many people start their blog as an outlet for creativity, inspiration or self-expression, while others grow it to become a marketing arm of their business or personal brand. Either way, I believe that your work is your message to the world — and in this digital age, where your blog is where you put your work — then by transitivity:
Your blog is your message to the world. Is it a good one?
What is Blogworthy anyway?
BLOGWORTHY is a creative blogging workshop that will arm aspiring creative bloggers with the tools they need to develop and maintain a successful blog.
This workshop’s focus is in helping creative individuals develop quality, unique blog content that beams bright with their personal brand.
In the span of two Saturdays, I (Arriane of http://wanderrgirl.com) will take you by the hand and guide you through the exciting journey of finding your personal brand, and determining your distinct blogging voice. After getting that laid out, you’ll have a more focused approach when we go into familiarizing yourself with blogging tools – such as Photoshop and social media!
So tell me: How do I know if this workshop is for me?
My workshop is great for people who are already blogging (or have dabbled in it before – we know a lot of you have abandoned blogs out there!) but REALLY want to step it up in a big way.
Based off our experience from our first run of Blogworthy, we decided to distinctly focus on personal branding and generating creative content. So this blogging workshop is perfect for you if you:
- Are a creative individual (aspiring writer, designer, photographer, creative entrepreneur)
- Are already familiar with blogging, but want to step up their game and really stand out (it would be extremely helpful if you already have an existing blog!)
- Have the drive and passion to make their place on the web more visual, creative and engaging
- MAJOR PLUS: If you already have blogging goals in your head! But don’t let this scare you – it could be as simple as knowing why you started blogging ;)
- *Also perfect for ENTREPRENEURS who want to get more blogging and social media savvy with their small business!
It will be fun, hands-on and activities-based, complete with special guests and blogging challenges (promise to not make it feel like doing homework though!). Plus, it’ll be a fun way to get to know and network with other bloggers. :) Watch the video above if you don’t believe us!
I WANT IN! — Here are the details & requirements:
- You must either: have a blog, be planning to start a new one, or want to revamp/refine your current one
- You *MUST* have a laptop you can bring to class (important, and just about the only technical requirement); it would also be great if you have Photoshop already installed
- No age limit, as long as you come with an open mind, a passion for creativity, and a fun disposition!
DATES: May 18 & 25, 2013, 9:00AM to 5:30PM
VENUE: Ayala Museum, Greenbelt, Makati City
FEE: The fee for this 2-day workshop is set for Php 6000.
The fee is inclusive of a workshop kit, snacks, one-day free admission to the museum, and one-day free access to the Filipinas Heritage Library.
Not to mention: jam-packed sessions, photobooth fun, and a one-on-one consultation with me (woohoo!). Plus I’m giving away all of my blogging secrets – among other surprises! ;) [See all the fun we had in the first run HERE, and the second HERE! - promise it will be worth it!]
A 5-percent discount will be given to those who will pay in full on or before the deadline. The deadline for reservations is on May 6, 2013. Payments can be made in cash, check, or through credit card.
*Discounts do not apply to credit card transactions.
And just in case you’re wondering who’s teaching…
As we want this to be very hands-on and focused, workshop slots are always limited to 15 participants only. For inquiries, please call Marj Villaflores at 757-7117 to 21 local 25, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.ayalamuseum.org / wanderrgirl.com/blogworthy.
*Graphics by Maine Manalansan of Stache Magazine & Arriane of Wanderrgirl
Win this pack of Hodge Podge items by following the instructions below! Winner will be announced on May 18, 9PM.